GENERAL SANITIZATION ON CAMPUS
To safeguard against surface transmission of contaminants, The Lexington School's custodial staff has developed a protocol of frequent sanitization as well as a complement of enhanced sanitization methods and tools.
STUDENT and TEACHER HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
While an enhanced cleaning regimen can help keep the community safe, students and teachers will also be responsible for additional personal protocols to safeguard against the transmission of contaminants.
- Masks-While indoors, all students (grades 1-8), faculty, and staff are required to wear masks. We will be taking extra “mask” breaks during the school day. Outdoors, when socially distanced, masks may be removed. Consistent with current CDC guidelines, teachers and students must wear a freshly-washed, solid-colored mask each day and are therefore encouraged to have five masks, one for each day of the school week. Students and teachers will provide their own masks from a source of their choice. Facial shields may be worn in addition to masks but not as an alternative.
- Social Distancing-The Lexington School has organized its classroom spaces to allow for appropriate distance between students while in classrooms.
- Zones-Campus has been divided into zones (preschool, lower elementary, upper elementary, and middle school) and students will be largely kept to those zones. Movement across zones will be minimal.*
- Cohorting-Students will be assigned to a small group and will largely stick to that group while on campus.*
- Hand Washing and Hand Sanitizer-Students are encouraged to wash hands thoroughly and frequently. TLS has also placed hand sanitizer stations at a number of common areas on campus.
- Surface Cleaning-Classrooms are equipped with supplies to sanitize desk surfaces. Desk and chair surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day.
*These policies will be guided by best practice and reasonableness given the varying ages of the children at TLS and may differ between middle school, lower school, and early childhood.
Please see specific protocols based on your child's division by logging in.