With diverse responsibilities including community outreach, event planning, orchestrator of details, program coordinator, and critical administrative partner, the Lower School Assistant is a crucial facilitator, collaborator, and contributor to the success of The Lexington School.
The Lower School Assistant sets the tone for all visitors to the Lower School and will help manage and coordinate the daily functioning of the division. The Assistant should be highly organized, collaborative, trustworthy in handling private and confidential matters, proactive in anticipating and planning, solutions-oriented, and committed to continuous improvement. The Assistant should value relationships, demonstrate emotional intelligence, and set a tone of genuine affection for people, especially elementary age students, but also adult colleagues, alumni, parents, and visitors to the School.
Reporting to and working closely with the Lower School Head, the Assistant manages all workflow related to the Lower School Head and occasionally supports other key administrators.
This position reports to campus daily where strict COVID-19 protocols are in place. Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends will also be necessary to support events. This is a full-time, 12-month position, starting date is July 1, 2021.
Essential Contributions and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Lower School Head
- Serve as a major program information resource person for Lower School, acting as a liaison to all other divisions of the school
- Professionally represent The Lexington School in interactions with students, faculty, staff, families, and visitors
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Provide support and guidance to students
- Complete projects as approved by the Lower School Head
- Set up and maintain information management systems
- Lead or partner in planning and coordinating special events
- Provide essential support to administrative functions (attendance, scheduling, etc.)
- Coordinate and produce weekly Lower School communications
- Compose correspondence for internal communications and reports
- Blackbaud database experience preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with calendar management
- Assist the Lower School Head in additional duties as assigned
Key Skills & Qualities:
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a calm and respectful demeanor
- Proficiency with a range of standard office applications (including all components of Google Suite and MS Office) and willingness to learn new systems, such as Blackbaud, as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, work independently in the office, and troubleshoot and resolve problems creatively
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekend days as needed
- Discretion and confidentiality in all dealings
- Candidates must show a strong willingness to receive feedback regularly, grow professionally, and significantly contribute to the life of the school
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Communications, executive assistant, or event planning background preferred, but not required
- Experience in independent schools preferred, but not required
Note: The Lexington School is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, benefits, practices, or opportunities for employment on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or status as a smoker or non-smoker, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.