Why do we CELEBRATE?
Each May, The Lexington School family holds central Kentucky’s most exciting fundraising event of the spring – CELEBRATION!
Since 1987, our annual CELEBRATION has collectively raised more than $7,000,000 for The Lexington School. CELEBRATION provides more than $350,000 each year, representing a dependable non-tuition revenue source for the operating budget, funding resources for teachers and students that make The Lexington School education and experience exceptional.
Last May as our classrooms became remote and social gatherings ceased, we “dug deep” into our Mission Skills toolbox to draw on resilience, teamwork, creativity, curiosity, time management, and ethics to reimagine CELEBRATION from the ground up. For the first time ever, CELEBRATION moved ONLINE where we were able to gather our community virtually to CELEBRATE the accomplishments of our alumni and students while raising money for this place we love.
This year, CELEBRATION will return as a VIRTUAL event on Friday, May 7, 2021. Once again, we are drawing on our Mission Skills to design a creative, engaging, and exciting event to CELEBRATE another successful – and different! – year together, and to raise this mission-critical funding for our educational program.
As we have watched the worldwide pandemic unfold, we have seen Lexington School alumni demonstrating these same Mission Skills as they have risen to the challenge of serving their communities: treating patients, teaching online, leading businesses through uncharted territory, delivering meals, supplies, or comfort to people in need. For more than 60 years, The Lexington School has prepared for today’s challenges – by equipping every student to boldly and competently lead at this moment.
For all of these reasons, for each of our students, for every teacher, we celebrate.
Please JOIN the CELEBRATION!
CELEBRATION offers so many ways to get involved – join us!
- Share ideas for great items you would love to see in our auction.
- Live and Silent Auctions provide lots of opportunities for interesting and exciting donations. If you have something to donate, we would love to partner with you!
- Planning CELEBRATION requires many hands and talent of all sorts. If you have TIME and TALENT to share, we will put you to work!
- SPONSORSHIP and ADVERTISING opportunities through CELEBRATION are a terrific way to market your business or services to The Lexington School community while showing your support for our teachers and students. Click here for information about these opportunities.
- Mark your calendar for May 7, 2021, and plan to join in the fun!