The summer program at The Learning Center is a five-week academic program providing language arts and mathematics instruction to students in grades one through eight. Instruction is primarily designed to meet the needs of students with language-based learning differences (dyslexia) and students who have experienced difficulties in both reading and math. The program is open to all students and does not require formal testing to attend.
The program is designed to prevent regression that often occurs over the summer months and provide students with a springboard to start the coming year fully prepared. Meeting the individual needs of children is at the core of the program and lessons are designed to fit each student’s learning profile. Summer also means fun, so brain breaks, recess, and a healthy snack are provided daily.
- Program dates: June 28-July 29, 2021
- Class times: 8:30-11:30 Monday-Thursday
- The student to teacher ratio: 4 to 1
- Language arts instruction in Structured Literacy (Orton-Gillingham Approach to teaching reading, writing, and spelling)
- Mathematics instruction in Multisensory Math
- Qualified Teachers trained explicitly in both Structured Literacy and Multisensory Math
- Students screened prior to program beginning and written report provided
- Weekly progress report provided to parents
- Cost: Registration Fee-$250.00; Tuition: $2,200.00
Additional Requirements for virtual sessions:
- Access to desktop, laptop, or Chromebook computer
- Access to printer
- Document camera
- Headphones with microphone
- Quiet workspace
If you have questions, please email TLC Summer Program Director Jane Childers.